Traffic, Parking & Walkability task force minutes – July 8th, 2015

Meeting Minutes

Traffic, Walkability, Bikeability and Parking Downtown Task Force

08 July 2015

Attendees

Joel Clark – chair

Linda Wirts

Molly Lambert

Gene LaBombard

Todd Conger

Elisabeth Nance

Glen Gurwit

Updates

1. Traffic Study – Joel noted that he had discussed the possibility of a study with Bethany Remmers of NWRP. She stated instead of going with a contract, she would possibly use in house resources to help with a study. The task force felt a letter from the village to NWRP would be appropriate to get the request from the local authority to NWRP would be appropriate. Joel will draft a letter for the village to consider sending to NWRP. Elisabeth mentioned a 2000 traffic study she has read. She has forwarded it.

2. Walkability – There was no update from regarding Katelin Brewer-Colie of Local Motion and a walk/bike safety action plan. Elisabeth was going to contact Katelin and discuss the plan and see how it fit in with the Mark Fenton visit of early October. Glenn shard a concern on a repair at the red light.

3. Bikeability – See note above regarding walk/bike safety plan.

a. Bike racks – SEP to fund four – two in the park, one by the Churches and one @ Swanton Beach. Discussed having one @ Hannafords. Elisabeth to check.

b. Bike Repair Stand – Todd provided a cut sheet on a bike repair stand. Something for the task force to consider.

4. Parking

a. Church lot – A draft layout was provided. Village and Town need to review and take action on letter provided by Memorial United Methodist Church.

b. New Merchants Row – No new info

c. Other Possible Expansions – A sketch of a possible increase in parking near the Prouty building was provided. It was decided to wait until the Fenton visit before more action was taken.

5. Enforcement –the concern about traffic speed was discussed. It will be one of the items requested for review in a traffic study.

6. Budget – We have a possibility of $2,000 through the RWJ foundation grant monies that were provided to Swanton. So far no requests have been presented.

7. Other – Molly discussed contacting Bill Bennett of Vergennes to get some help with traffic issues.

8. Next meeting – 05 August 2015.

 

Action Items

Item POC

1. Letter to NWRP requesting Study Joel

2. Contact Katelin Brewer-Colie Elisabeth

3. Consider Bill Bennett to visit to look at traffic Molly

4. Bike Rack at Hannafords Elisabeth

5. Get Town and Village to respond to MUMC letter Joel

Swanton Enhancement Project © 2016
Webhosting provided by Swanton Village and Chamber of Commerce